Thursday

A Smidgen More About That Nasty War

Hawaii or Florida come to mind because you could see the ocean or the bay from the kitchen window. Isn't it always sunny in places like that? Just the day to begin with a cup of coffee and breakfast with a friend.

Looking out the kitchen window there are explosions in the water. They rise up in enormous black clouds that go unbelievably high. We started running. The homes were built around a square, like at a mall, and there was a square fountain with walls about two feet tall, and I tried to make my way to it thinking that if I could get down behind it would block the explosions that I could not possibly outrun. That was the last bit of that scene: trying to run to that wall and throw my self behind it.

Clothing seems pretty much like it is today, so I'm guessing it isn't too far into the future.

Somewhere in a self appointed corn field I was late to a meeting of resistance organizers. Again I seemed to be running until I could see the low lying office complex that the meeting was in. At about the same time in the distance I saw an object hovering. I threw my self on the ground and prayed that I had not been spotted, then slowly , almost lazily it moved from where it was above the small river over to the complex to a point approximately above where the meeting was at that moment being held. It was mirrored, perfectly oval and began emitting some kind of radiation from it's entire under surface that was intense enough to cause visible distortion as I looked though it.

I had a sense of a war going on that we were not winning. I felt bitter that we had contacted these creatures; like it was somehow our fault.

We never saw the enemy. They were the ultimate enigma.

I felt that this went on for quite some time.




Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...