Tuesday

early space dreams and mars

Although I like science fiction, I am not a writer and not a scientist. But the dreams are interesting to me and my friends.

Many of these dreams are horrifying or depressing. The series of dreams about the Terra forming of Mars: dream after dream I was planting small pine trees into the red earth. The air was barely breathable, we worked in crews of a half dozen or less, and there were puddles of alkaline water on the surface. One of my crew members had died, but he had fallen into one of those puddles and his clothes weren’t salvageable. It was cold, and we lived in little shacks.

We expected that our work would never be done and that we would die doing this.

But then later, I was a little girl running joyfully through the tall grass on the finished world looking up at a clear blue sky.

The story the child learned was that only the good plants had been moved from Earth by suitably august scientists.

Mars had been transformed into a heavenly place well worth the many lives that I had spent living and dying on it's surface to build it.

Many of the dreams take place in space either close to the earth or way out there. Some future dreams are on the earth or moon.

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...