Tuesday

ritual in a lava tube

San Francisco’s Bay Area had a habit of being cold even on a nice day. I normally went to work with a jacket on, and nights could be chilly even in the summer time.

Hawaii was different. It felt different, and reminded me of summers back where I grew up. It made me so comfortable I was almost homesick. I went there several times, once for work and a couple of times for vacation. It was a cheap plane ticket from San Francisco, certainly compared to what it would cost from the middle of the country.

On the business trip I met someone who was interested in native Hawaiian culture. I was interested in their mysticism and my first night there I had a dream that took me to a lava tube cave (and I didn’t know they existed at the time) that I got to by swimming under water. The lava rock had been cut by hand tools so that there were seats on the side of the tube and I was initiated in some kind of ritual. I felt Kundalini flow up my spine.

I talked to my friend about the strange cave that I had been in and thought that Hawaii had not been around long enough to have caves and he told me about the lava tubes; the other aspects of my dream turned out to have real life counterparts as well. The tubes were used by native Hawaiians for religious rituals. They were accessed by swimming under water.

After that point whenever I visited Hawaii I would dream about a cave where I would meet with a young woman and have a kind of spiritual encounter. Well, OK a sexual encounter.

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...