Tuesday

a warehouse for the disembodied

I didn't notice the sky very much, although it must have been colorless and if not black then dark gray with light only on the horizons. As I recall the floor was flat. Perfectly flat as far as you could see, and covered in a perpetual mist a couple of feet deep.

Altogether the place was gray, and shades of gray, and there were people, after a fashion.

This place was perfectly peaceful, I wouldn't be surprised to come across a dead person's soul here.

If you saw someone in the distance you might see the outline of a person but if you got closer you would see that they were more folds in the spacial fabric of the place, and not the shape of people, but there would be an odd one or two that would almost appear human. Most weren't recognizable as people until you were up close and could see their faces in their thoughts.

I met someone I knew to be among the living and knew that she had some exciting news for me because as with people in the world, excitement glows with it's own light.

If she could have she would have told me she was my new boss.

There seemed to be the occasional structure, but nothing planned unless you could call a bathtub and a brick wall someone's design project.

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...