Wednesday

Let us drift away in sleepy torpor

There is always that desire to get out of the body and have a look around and any number of self help books ready to tell you how. Most start with some relaxation and mental work to both relax and have the mind ready to take over for the body. Imagine, picture and step.

The whole of meditation is learning to focus and then doing it for long periods of time, and if you speak to Yogi’s they will tell you (or at least told me) that what really matters is through which chakra you exit from on when you leave your body. Any will do depending on your interests but up top is better.

Personally I would be surprised if paperback techniques worked for this kind of thing, but there was an interesting book by someone who “fell into” or rather out of and gave a very gripping description of the process.

He’s dead now, but his students or some of the more adept of them have seen him actively engaged in some educational activity or other in one of the places that the physically unencumbered populate. The departed have much to educate themselves about, or so it seems,

There are several reasons that I found him convincing, probably the first of which is that his “process” resembled an exercise in Kundalini activity. With my hapless Yogic background, that meant something to me.

I have never been able to knowingly and consciously leave my body, although I have had at least a couple of dreams that seemed to indicate a bit about the process.

The first took place when I was very young, perhaps 20 years old. I was living at my father’s and after I fell asleep I felt myself pulling myself out of the back of my physical body which lay on its side. I was conscious of my clear shapeless gelatinous nature as I exited and then went out the window. I felt myself as I strained through the screen on the window as a vivid dream scape opened up which I entered of which I have no memory once I moved into it.

The other memorable dream happened perhaps several years later after I was married (and before I was divorced) after my father’s death where I found myself in a garden and saw my father. Although he had the physical shape that he had had in life, he too was utterly clear, as though he were made of some clear gelatinous nature that was shaped to his former body.

There are people who claim to do this consciously, enlightened masters of course; and the occasional Joe who simply gets out. Lucky them.

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...