Tuesday

a futon

We used to sleep on a futon. It's a Japanese mattress, in Japan they're more like quilts and not very thick at all.

But I had had a very bad day - mostly my horrible boss, and I was questioning my presence in California.

I have the unfortunate habit of talking to God, although I'm not a religious person. Basically I claim to be an Atheist.

On that particular evening I was doing more than just talking, I was deeply regretting coming to California. I wasn't blaming God, I was just registering my discontent with my situation. I was bitter.

Before I went to sleep I said I wanted to go back home.

Just before morning I was visited by a very bright light, that hung like a sun the size of a basketball in front of me as I sat bolt upright cross legged on the futon.

As it said that it had brought me to California to broaden my horizons it showed me images of my future in California, and the kinds of work situations and technological environments I would be in. It lifted my spirits so that I could go to work the next day.

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...