Tuesday

just fishing

I've enjoyed hiking in Northern California for years and I miss it greatly now that I don't live there anymore.

Once upon a time I dreamed that I was fishing in a remote area. The brown grass, dry vegetation, trees and what I can only call twiggy underbrush seemed to surround me at I moved from the boat which I tied up at the small wooden pier to my old faded green pickup truck, the likes of which seem to be on every California road.

As I started to get into the truck my perspective changed and I moved up towards the sky still looking down at me and the truck, and as I got higher I could see the surrounding hills and part of the water I had been on. There didn't seem to be a lot of people around, and further up I began to see that I was at the extreme north end of the water, and that it was an inland lake or bay that covered the entire floor of the Central Valley extending into Southern California.

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...