Tuesday

deeply symbolic but Freudian slip

I’m not much for finding deep symbolic meaning in dreams, especially what might be considered Freudian outtakes. But I had an incredibly jumbled dream; and went from getting on or off a bus to a classroom like hotel room. A nurse who came to check on my wife and I could see through the front door of the room because it had a big glass window in it. It reminded me of classroom doors at grade school except that the shade was on the outside.

My wife and I had entered the room and abruptly we undressed and began to make love on the floor; which is all very well. And a little strange, given our past habits. Somewhere between the time that she undressed and my eyes moved down her body after she was lying down she was transformed: the first thing I noticed was that her skin was gray, and she didn’t have an ounce of fat on her freshly changed body.

As I began to make love to her, I noticed the difference in shape; the difference in breasts. I was being “oh so clinical” as I moved my lips up and down this almost human form.

In my defense, I do have to say she had been my wife just a moment ago, and now she looked like a product of one of those alien hybrid breeding programs you hear so much about if you have peculiar tastes in literature. I noted the differences in physiology , and wondered if I was using appropriate technique.

Anyway this whole episode was interrupted by the woman at the door looking through the glass; her nurse’s cap on her head and the shade raised. My wife and I seemed both to have a moment of embarrassment and the only half human woman that I had been with moments before was vanished.

We were fully clothed.

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...