Thursday

Deep Blue and Blue and White

When I dream that someone has died I am literally looking out through their eyes. Unfortunately, first person personal. Each death is unique, but some times I dream about the post death entry into the after life.

Don't even ask if it's real.

The first thing you might notice is an absence. The body has adrenal glands and the brain to operate them, it knows fear and the roiling emotions that constitute life.

Not available.

The first thing I noticed in Ophelia's dream was the blue. Great swaths of color rather than surfaces and without the chaotic substance of material. More dream like than dream since dreams emulate life and engage you physically. This didn't.

I noticed that I was moving, the kind of effortless movement that is without intent and the surroundings were in color but not concrete. Somehow I went from laying down to upright and meeting someone. A young woman with dark hair in a blue dress who was explaining some things to me as we ate Mediterranean cuisine in a crowded cafeteria, eating was so familiar.

I was feeling a little numb, but at least I had a friend.

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...