Tuesday

die quietly

Die as your friends keep you company.

A death long in coming, fits and starts, avoided, contained and then blossoming forth: ominous and cruel.

I did not know he would die that day at that time of his brain tumor and I didn't know him well but I saw who was there.

I could not stay awake on a Saturday afternoon at 4:00. When I fell asleep I experienced his death personally.  It was dramatic and horrifying. Death personified striding though the streets towards me a giant Red Devil with Horns. My friends took on cartoon like faces as the world became eerily misty and pale.

The walls of the apartment fell away into spacious white air and I was gone.

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...