Tuesday

lunar train ride

I was shocked by how bright it was.

It was as sunny as your wildest dreams of southern California, and the houses were just as bland looking. But it was a real city: flat roofed houses with few very dark windows placed high and very small. I wondered a bit about the lack of atmosphere.

My wife and I were were talking about moving there.

The question came up about air since there was no air outside, but air inside your house is a utility, like cooking gas, metered.

I was excited, I wanted to move there and we were basically making plans to do that. Although I didn't know the size of the city, it seemed to me to have been there a while. If you were to take a BART ride around the Bay Area you might get a feeling for what it was like. Or at least what the view was like. Although the train was nicer than a BART train car.

Another strange after image of the dream was my question: was the world a kind of Utopian dream?

No, it was a triumph of our economic system.

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...