Tuesday

learn a little Japanese

My wife and I had decided to move to San Francisco California, where it would be useful to know Japanese.

In our waking world there is only a small Japanese presence in the "Japan Town" area - where there is something of a Japanese cultural presence. In the dream Japan was truly a great power with a colonial like presence on the West Coast of the United States.

I had a meeting with a Russian spy who showed me his paperback book about the life of Jack E. Robinson after about ten minutes of small talk, we exchanged information about the Japanese. The Russians were our partners but the Japanese were somehow not. He gave me a rather large folder of information about them. And I was out of the building walking in the California Sun.

Downtown San Francisco seemed more like New York or Chicago because the buildings seemed so much larger and more substantial. The block size was bigger and the hills weren't as prominent. It wasn't exactly the City I know and love.

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...