Tuesday

rejected by the Heavenly Hostess

Some years ago I visited San Diego as part of a software expo. After a protein bar for dinner I decided to get a drink in what passed for a pub at the hotel. The wine was good, and I after they showed me a menu, I foolishly decided to stay for dinner. I ate much too much.

Later I went to bed and I felt horrible. I wanted to vomit but couldn't. A cold feeling was slowly creeping up my spine.

I managed to drift off to fitful sleep and towards morning I was a sky blue blob of light rocketing out into space and as I looked back at earth over my proverbial shoulder I said to my self: “that life is over”. I was as dead, and it didn't seem terribly upsetting to me; I just wanted to get moving to my next appointment.

As I sped away, I saw a blue light in the distance that seemed to have a woman's outline; just the outline, nothing else substantial. Perhaps someone I knew? She came closer, and as I joyfully joined her and we touched, I woke up.

Or came out of it. Much like out of anesthesia. No intermission between night sky flying and abrupt daylight, the hotel room, my headache. My chest hurt.

I felt as though I had been put back to a not very welcoming body. I had been rejected by the Heavenly Hostess?

Mountain Village Cobblestone Streets

Imagine a village in the mountains somewhere.  Cobblestone streets, so I'm thinking Europe. It's hilly, and the street is narrow. ...